Hades crashing and freezing fix – It looks like a lot of people are facing crashes while trying to play Hades. Here are some ways to fix the issue.
Hades – Game is Crashing and Freezing – How to fix
Version 1.0 of Hades is finally out and players are enjoying the game thoroughly so far. And you can easily tell that by looking at the “Overwhelmingly Positive” reviews on Steam.
But as we all know, games these days don’t come without performance issues. Same is the case with Hades. A lot of players have been complaining lately, that the game is crashing constantly. And this problem has nothing to do with their PC hardware. Not many Epic users are facing this issue though. That is why we decided to put all the fixes for the crashing recommended by the developers in one place, so that players don’t have to check multiple sources for them.
How to fix the crashes
[Note : Every single fix mentioned in this article has been recommended by the developers/Supergiant games]
Please Be Sure You Have the Latest Graphics Drivers
If you’re experiencing any problems with the game, please verify that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. A majority of issues can be solved by downloading the latest drivers from your card’s manufacturer. You’ll need to download and install the latest generic drivers from your vendor’s web site. You can get the latest drivers here:
If You’re Experiencing Hitching or Frame Rate / Performance Issues
If you experience frame rate hitching / stuttering, or lagged performance running the game, try each of the following steps:
- As stated above, ensure you have the latest graphics drivers
- Try toggling the Fullscreen and/or VSync settings in-game
- If you have Nvidia G-Sync or AMD FreeSync, please disable them
- Add the following launch option (instructions on how to do this below): /UseSwapEffectDiscard=true
- If available, in your graphics device control panel, set “Maximum Performance Priority” and/or “Fast VSync”
- Ensure Windows 7 compatibility mode is NOT turned on for Hades.exe
- Disable any overlays, e.g. Steam, GeForce, etc.
- Physically disconnect all secondary display devices
Graphical Corruption Issues
- Right-click on Hades in your Steam Library
- Select ‘Properties’
- Select the ‘Local Files’ tab
- Click on ‘Verify Integrity of Game Files’
If Your Game Crashes and You Lose Progress
If something happens and you start the game and find your save data missing, chances are it can still be recovered. Please follow these steps:
- Navigate to \Documents\Saved Games\Hades\
- Sort by ‘Date modified’ to locate your most recent save matching one of these names (assuming you use Save Slot 1): Profile1_Temp.sav, Profile1_Temp.sav.bak, or Profile1.sav.bak
- Rename that file to Profile1.sav
Then open the Play menu in-game and look for the save.
If You Get a Black Screen or Game Freeze
If you see a completely black screen, use the following launch options:
/GpuIndex=1 /UseNativeGaInput=true /UseNativeGaInputNoControllers=false
If you have an Nvidia graphics card, make sure that the game is using that card, and not your onboard Intel card.
After that, make sure that your Windows power settings are set for High Performance while running Hades. Ensure that the monitor running the game is connected to your Nvidia graphics video card on the back of your computer.
Note: If you cannot find an option to select your GPU, you may have to manage it in your system BIOS. Disable Intel HD and make sure you set PCIe as the default for graphics in the BIOS, don’t leave it at Auto.
If none of these solutions work, you can visit the contact page and let Supergiant Games know about your issue. You can also visit the Technical Support Steam discussions page of Hades and check what others are talking about.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, If you are facing problems that are not mentioned on this article then also you can comment below. We will try come out with a fix. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on September 22, 2020
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.