Having trouble running Ghost Recon Breakpoint properly on your PC? Don’t worry we got you. Here is a basic performance guide that will show you some basic tips & tricks to fix performance issues like lag, low fps, crashes, etc in Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Check the hardware specifications of your PC
Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a very demanding game so check the system requirements for the game and compare them with the specifications of your PC.
Here are the system requirements for Ghost Recon Breakpoint:
Minimum – Low Setting | 1080p
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200/Intel Core I5 4460
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280X/Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 (4 GB)
Recommended – High Setting | 1080p
- OS: Windows 7/8.1/10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600/Intel Core I7 6700K
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 (6 GB)
Ultra – Ultra Setting | 1080p
- OS: Windows 10
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X/Intel Core I7 6700K
- RAM: 16 GB
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT/Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
Windows 10 update KB4512941
Recently, certain Windows 10 updates are causing huge problems for a lot of people. The recent Windows 10 1903 build 18362.329 (KB4512941) update is causing high CPU usage issues for a lot of Windows 10 users. Just after people installed this update they started noticing high CPU usage by Cortana and Windows search. This problem is currently being investigated by Microsoft.
If you have not installed the above mentioned update then wait for Microsoft to release a stable build. If you have unfortunately installed the update then also you have no choice but to wait for an official fix. There is a workaround but I won’t recommend it as it involves messing with the registry of your system. But if you are still interested here is how to do it:
Remember this is an advanced fix as it involves messing with the Registry Editor. This fix was suggested by a Reddit user with the name u/DefinitelyYou. Proceed only if you are willing to take the risk and in case if you end up breaking your OS, we are not responsible.
- Press Windows+R keys on your keyboard
- Type ‘regedit‘
- Once the Registry Editor window opens go this location : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
- Delete the Search key
- Restart your PC
Your high CPU high usage problem will get fixed but the search bar or the search feature on your windows taskbar won’t work anymore. So proceed with caution!
Turn off overclocking utilities
Recently a lot of games have been facing constant crashes and freezing due to overclocking utilities like MSI Afterburner or the Zotac Firestorm. Try to run your graphics card at base clock speeds and try to avoid overclocking as of now.
Tweak the in-game graphics or video settings
After fiddling with the in-game graphics settings for a while the set of settings we decided to go with:
Go to options > settings > video
Window Mode : Fullscreen
Vsync : Off
Resolution Scaling : 100
Temporal Injection : Off
Anti-Aliasing : On
Foreground Framelock : Off
Background Framelock : Off
Extended FOV : 0
Ambient Occlusion : Medium
Level Of Detail : Medium
Texture Quality : Medium
Anisotropic Filtering : 16
Screen Space Shadows : Off
Terrain Quality : Medium
Grass Quality : Medium
Screen Space Reflections : Medium
Sun Shadows : Medium
Motion Blur : Off
Bloom : On
Subsurface Scattering : Medium
Lens Flare : On
Long Range Shadows : Low
Volumetric Fog : Medium
Sharpening : Off
We basically tuned down those settings that were the most demanding. Then we ran the game on a medium-end gaming PC which has a GTX 1050 ti. And surprisingly we managed to get around 40-50 fps with the settings given above. But do not expect too much performance because you need a GTX 960 to play this game at the lowest possible settings.
Verify your files
A good first step is to verify files. This checks to make sure there are no missing or corrupted files.
For Uplay users:
- In Uplay, click on Games tab at the top of the window
- On the next screen, hover over the game tile. This will make a little arrow appear at the bottom right of the tile
- Click on this arrow to make a drop-down menu appear, then click on Verify files
For Epic launcher users:
- Navigate to Ghost Recon Breakpoint in your library
- Click verify
- After verification, the launch option will appear
Run Uplay with administrator rights
Launching the Uplay app with administrator rights might solve your problems. Here is how to do it:
- Go to the folder where you have installed Uplay
- Right-click on Uplay.exe and select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Click Change settings for all users
- Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator
- Click Apply
We will update this article as soon as we discover some new fixes. Stay tuned!
That’s all folks!