Genshin Impact failed to check for updates fix – Experiencing failed to check for updates error in Genshin Impact? Here is how to fix it.
Genshin Impact – Failed to check for updates – How to fix
Genshin Impact is finally live across all platforms and people are enjoying the game thoroughly. But being a completely online title, the game does has some problems.
It looks like a lot of players are running into an error where the launcher is giving an error message that says “Failed to check for updates. Reconnect?“. This is stopping them from logging in the game and play. People are getting this error or PC as well as on consoles and they all want to know how to fix this.
How to fix this error
Now you have to remember that is error is not happening to everyone. So, you can be sure that the problem is not from the side of the game.
First of all, you need to make sure that your internet connection is fine and you are not getting any interruptions. Once you are sure, here are the methods you can follow.
This issue can be easily fixed with a VPN. Here is how to do it.
- Just get a VPN. Any VPN would. Doesn’t matter whether it is a free trial or premium
- Install the VPN
- Enable the VPN and connect to any server
- And then just disconnect and close the VPN
Just to make sure if the Windows Firewall is not blocking your access to Genshin Impact.
- In the Windows Search bar type “firewall”
- A setting would pop that say “Allow an app through Windows Firewall”
- Scroll down the list and look for Genshin Impact
- Select it and click on Change Settings
- Make sure that both the Private and the Public boxes are checked
If this is a server issue then you have no other choice but to wait for the developers to fix it.
The first thing you may want to do is restart the Genshin Impact client. Now try to load the game again. You can even visit the application’s digital store and check whether you need to manually apply the update or not.
This issue can be related to the game servers. Visit the official forums of Genshin Impact to see if others are posting about this issue or not. If it is actually a server problem, then just be patient and try to launch the game after few minutes.
If nothing written above ends up working for you, then there is no other choice but to uninstall and re-install the game completely.
PC users can find this difficult as there is no option to uninstall the game on the launcher. Here is what you need to do:
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows 10)
- Click on Apps
- Select Apps & Features from the list
- Locate Genshin Impact from the list of applications. You can just sort by “install date”
- Now click on Genshin Impact and select uninstall
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, try checking out our other guides on Genshin Impact. Who knows, you might end up finding a something you have been looking for.
That’s all folks!