Spider-Man Windows Version Error – Spider-Man PC is finally out after a lot of anticipation, and the PC version is called the Spider-Man Remastered, just like the PS5 version, with improved graphics. The game was released on the PS4 console more than three years ago and was way inferior to the graphics version compared to the Remastered version.
The PC version of Spider-Man Remastered has been published by PlayStation PC LLC, which is the same studio responsible for bringing all the PlayStation exclusives such as Days Gone, God of War, and a lot more PlayStation Titles on the PC.
Spider-Man PC has incredible features like RTX, DLSS, DLAA with unlocked Framerates, etc. The game also features AMD FSR as well. I have to say Spider-Man games returning to the PC platform is one of the best events in 2022 for PC Gaming!
But the game also came with its share of issues, and the one we are addressing today is the Windows version error which shows:
This game requires Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363) or later
This happens when you open the game in Compatibility mode. It mainly shows this error when the operating system version is older than the supported one. You need to have the Windows 10 v1909 installed with Build 18363 for Spider-Man Remastered to run as the game uses the new DirectX agility SDK.
But some players report that despite having updated to the latest version, or even with Windows 11, some still face this error. So this article will guide you on how to fix the Windows version errors in Spider-Man Remastered PC.
Fix Spider-Man PC Windows Version Error
If you have the latest version installed, use these methods to resolve the Windows Version Error in Spider-Man Remastered.
Method 1: Update the Graphics Driver
To check for new driver updates.
- Open your GeForce Experience
- When it opens up, click on check for updates.
- Nvidia has released a new driver, v516.94, specifically for Spider-Man PC, so double-check if you have that. If not, the GeForce experience launcher will download it for you.
- If you are an AMD user, the driver is available on the Catalyst Software itself. Follow the instructions above to install the latest AMD Driver for Spider-Man PC.
Method 2: Check for Windows Updates
To check for Windows Update, you will
- Go to Start and type Windows update Settings
- Once the dialog window opens, click on the Check of updates button
- The Windows will automatically check for updates and downloads and install it if it finds one.
- More importantly, if you are running any operating system lower than Windows 10, upgrade it.
Method 3: Disable the Compatibility Mode
To disable the compatibility mode:
- First, you must right-click on Steam and click on “show more options.”
- Select the properties and go to Compatibility
- There will be an option to disable the compatibility mode.
- Hit apply and click Ok.
- If you somehow can’t find the Steam application, write it down on the Search bar.
- Right-click on the Steam search result and head to its file location by selecting the Open File Location button.
- Click on Steam to restart it.
So this was all about how to fix Windows Version Error in Spider-Man PC.
If you think this guide has helped, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Spider-Man Remastered guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on August 16, 2022
Akash Roy, 29, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.