Dead Space controller not working fix – This guide with show you how to fix the controller issue in the Steam version of Dead Space Remake 2023.
How to fix the Controller issues in Dead Space
The 2023 Remake of Dead Space is finally available on Steam. But despite being just a remake of the original Dead Space, Motive has not managed to eliminate all the bugs and issues from the game. New bugs and errors are popping up almost every day. Some players who bought Dead Space on Steam are now complaining that their controllers are not working. I did check Reddit to see if people who bought the game on Epic Games are having the issue or not. It is the Steam version that is having the problem.
So now the main question. Is there a way to fix this issue?
How to fix this issue
This fix has been recommended by a Steam user, and many other users have already confirmed that this works. Here is the fix:
Go to controller settings and change to the default gamepad template instead of the of “official” configuration.
- First, you need to make sure that you don’t have anything else connected other than your controller.
- Just to be safe, you can disconnect your MnK(Not necessary).
- Launch Steam and go to “Big Picture Mode” by clicking the icon in the top-right corner.
- From the Big Picture main menu, select the gear icon.
- Under “Controller,” select controller settings, and ensure your specific controller is enabled/turned on.
- Navigate back to the Big Picture Main menu.
- Select Library.
- Select Dead Space.
- Select Manage game.
- Now select Controller configuration.
- Select Browse Configs – Templates.
- Select Gamepad.
If the fix mentioned above does not end up working for you, then I would recommend that you go and disable Steam Input for Dead Space Remake. Maybe Steam is interfering with the built-in controller support of the game. Here is how to do it:
- Launch Steam
- Go to your Library and right-click on Dead Space.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Controller tab.
- Now change the setting under “OVERRIDE FOR DEAD SPACE” to “Disable Steam Input”.
- Restart Steam
And that should be all. Your controllers should work normally now. This fix has already been confirmed to be working by the community members on the official Steam discussions page of Dead Space.
If you are using an Xbox controller, and it is not working for you, then you can try this fix recommended by a Steam user:
I had this issue and fixed it by clearing all controller key bindings. Just a heads up, don’t accidentally click on the binding since there’s no way to actually put a binding. Had to close and reopen the game. Some bindings can’t be cleared, but you can skip those.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game, then try checking out our other guides on Dead Space Remake. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on January 28, 2023
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.