Now that we have already put up a guide showing how to get the Mindbender’s Ambition, it is time to take a look at another shotgun. And this time it is the Retold Tale.
Destiny 2 – How to get Retold Tale
Retold Tale – Weapon Description
The Retold Tale is a Legendary or Purple Shotgun that was introduced in Destiny 2 with the Forsaken update. This shotgun is undoubtedly one of the best PvP weapons that you can get in the game. And this is the only shotgun I use in PvP other than the Mindbender’s Ambition.
Retold Tale is a Precision Frame shotgun which means this weapon’s recoil pattern is more predictably vertical. The range on this shotgun is pretty high for a Precision Frame and it is an absolute must have if you enjoy Crucible.
It is a 65 RPM (Rounds Per Minute) shotgun with a Magazine size of 6. If you look at the detailed stats of this weapon you will see that it has 75 Aim Assistance. So, if you throw in a Targeting Adjuster mod on this then you will get unimaginable target acquisition which, I have to say, is better than the Mindbender’s Ambition.
Retold Tale – God Roll
Though I personally never managed to get the God Roll version of the Retold Tale, the ones I have are pretty decent. Now the idea of a God Roll can be different for different people. But to me a God Roll Retold Tale should have:
- Full Choke – For a tighter spread.
- Accurized Rounds – For that +10 Range.
- Quickdraw – When the opponent is rushing towards you and you need to quickly switch to your shotgun from your primary.
- Slideshot – To increase the range even further while sliding. And the ability to reload you weapon with a quick slide is great. If you are not into sliding then Snapshot Sights is the perk you should aim for.
- Masterwork – Range
Where to find or farm for the Retold Tale?
If you are new to Destiny 2 and just started the game then you will have to play the game for a while before you can start farming for the Retold Tale. You will have to complete the entire Forsaken Campaign and get access to the Dreaming City. The vendor in Dreaming City is Petra Venj. Here are the best ways of farming the Retold Tale from Dreaming City:
- Complete weekly Pursuits offered by Petra.
- Do the Ascendant Challenge by getting the bounty from Petra. Retold Tale has a chance to drop from the final chest inside the Ascendant Plane as well as from the bounty when claimed.
- Weekly Challenges bounty from Petra.
- Daily Challenges bounties
- Blind Well chests
- If you have something called Small Gift in your inventory then give it to one of the Cat Statues. Cat Statues can be found all over Dreaming City. Here is a video showing a Cat Statue location.
- If you have a Corsair Down, find the dead Corsair, inspect it, kill the mobs, and turn in the Corsair Badge you get.
- Dreaming City Research Frame bounty from Ada-1
Can I get Retold Tale from the Last Wish raid?
No, Retold Tale is not a raid weapon.
Can I get Retold Tale from the Menagerie?
One thing I want to clear up. I have seen a lot of posts over Reddit where people are asking whether they can get the Retold Tale from Menagerie or not. No, this shotgun is exclusive to the Dreaming City and other than from the Ada-1 bounty, Retold Tale doesn’t drop from any other location.
Check out some other Destiny 2 guides:
- How to get Cerberus catalyst
- Destiny 2 – Performance guide
- How to find Watcher Lens easily
- How to get Ace Of Spades catalyst
- Destiny 2 – How to get Upgrade Module
- How to farm Mod Components easily
- How to get Eriana’s Vow catalyst
That’s all folks!