Getting black bars while playing Death Stranding on Ultrawide resolution. Here is a fix.
Death Stranding – Ultrawide Resolution fix for Black Bars
How to fix black bars issue on ultrawide resolutions in Death Stranding
- Install a Hex Editor. Any Hex Editor would. Personally I use HxD
- Launch HxD
- Click on File
- Open the executable file of Death Stranding which in this case is ds.exe
- Press Ctrl+R
- Click on the “Hex-values” tab
- Set Search Direction to “All”
- Write 55 55 15 40 in “Search for”
- “Replace with” Hex value of your Resolution’s Aspect Ratio
Here are the values of some common resolutions:
|2560×1080||26 B4 17 40|
|3440×1440||8E E3 18 40|
|5120×2160||26 B4 17 40|
|6880×2880||8E E3 18 40|
|3840×1080||39 8E 63 40|
|5120×1440||39 8E 63 40|
Now just click on Replace All. Save everything and launch the game.
[Credits : FasterthanFTL]
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also if you have any addition to make regarding this topic then also you can comment below. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on July 15, 2020