Crysis Remastered lag fps drops fix – Crysis Remastered has finally made its way to the PC platform. The game is a complete remake of the original Crysis that was released in 2007. From remastered graphics to ray-tracing, this title has it all.
With that being said, players have already began reporting various issues related to lag in the game. That is why we decided to come up with this lag and fps drops fix guide.
Crysis Remastered – How to fix Lag and FPS drops
I have said it in my other Crysis Remastered guides and I will say it again. Make sure that your system is capable enough to handle the game. If it isn’t then there is no point trying the fixes below. What are Crysis Remastered recommended system specs you ask?
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 / AMD Ryzen 3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 TI /AMD Radeon 470
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600k or higher / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI / AMD Radeon Vega 56
Crysis Remastered – Best Graphics Settings
I am still testing different combination of graphics settings and will update this section as soon as I find a good combination. Here are specs of the test system:
- Processor : Intel i5 9400F
- Graphics Card : GTX 1650
- RAM : 16GB DDR4 3200mhz
- OS : Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)
- HDD : 1 TB 7200 rpm
- Monitor Resolution : 1920×1080 144hz
- Driver : Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver v456.38 [Release date : 09/17/2020]
Clear the temporary junk files on your PC
If your temp folder has too many junk files then it will make your PC feel sluggish. As a result you game would also start lagging. So try cleaning your temp folder
- Go to the Start menu on your Desktop.
- Press the Windows key+R at the same time.
- Type in %TEMP% and press Enter.
- Select All (Edit > Select All or Ctrl+A).
- Click the Delete key.
If you didn’t know, there is a new feature in Windows 10 called Captures. And what this feature does is, it enables background recording so you can capture your previous plays. The feature is a bit like Nvidia Shadowplay. Here is how to turn it off:
- Go to Windows Settings
- Click on Gaming
- Select Captures from the left
- Now turn off Background Recording
Optimize Crysis Remastered via GeForce Experience (Nvidia Users)
If you are a Nvidia user and you have the GeForce Experience application installed on your system then use it to optimize the game for your PC. Here is how to do it:
- Launch GeForce Experience
- Click on Home
- Check if Crysis Remastered is appearing on the Games list
- If the game is not there then click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner
- Click on Games from the left sidebar
- Click on Add under Scan Location
- Select the drive where you have installed Crysis Remastered
- Hit the Scan button
- The game should now appear on the Games list
- Now go back to the Games list
- Select Crysis Remastered
- Click on the Optimize button
- Once the optimization is done click on Play
Disable the Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service (Advanced Method)
Note : This is an advanced method as it involves making changes to the Windows Registry. Do not try this unless you have proper knowledge.
A lot of Windows 10 users are complaining recently that a service called Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service or (sppsvc.exe) eating a lot of CPU and Memory. As a result they are facing stuttering issues an FPS drops in games.
So just open your Windows Task Manager and try to observe whether a process called Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is appearing on the list or not. If it is then you need to temporarily pause it in order to prevent Crysis Remasterd from lagging. Simply clicking ‘End Task’ on the process will do nothing as the process will be back again in few seconds. So here is what you need to do:
How to disable SPPSVC
- Press Windows key+R on your keyboard
- Type “regedit” and press enter to bring up the Windows Registry Editor
- Now go to this location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc
- On the right-side you will notice some options
- Double-click on Start and change its value to from 2 to 4
- Restart your PC
This will disable Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service but your won’t able to use other Microsoft Windows applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, etc. Also, you will get a message showing your windows is not activated on your desktop. When you are done playing the game, just change the value of Start back to 2. Everything will go back to normal.
These are all the fixes we have for the lag and fps drops in Crysis Remastered at the moment. Most of the steps listed are basic steps and they do not require you to take any advanced measures. Some of these steps or methods might work for you but nothing is guaranteed. We do have some other fixes in out other Crysis Remastered guides. So you can check them out if you want.
Has this guide had helped you? Then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Cryis. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on September 18, 2020
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.