COD Vanguard blurry – Is the PC version of Call of Duty Vanguard appearing to be blurry for you? Here is how to fix it.
COD Vanguard is appearing blurry to some PC users
Vanguard finally got released on all platforms, and we have to say that the game has managed to garner some really good reviews from the players. Yes, I wouldn’t call this the perfect COD title. But, it is way better than what we got last year with BOCW.
Apart from some minor performance issues in the game, I didn’t encounter anything game breaking yet. Yes, there is one thing that I did notice. The game is looking a bit blurry on some maps. And, I am not the only one saying this. There is a huge post regarding this on Reddit.
This game has a SERIOUS visibility issue.
Not only are many of the maps so bright and blurry, that all the yellow dots you can use, utterly vanish in the landscape, but I’m consistently and almost constantly getting eliminated exclusively from someone who there is NO chance of me spotting. I have even played footage back to see if I just didn’t spot the enemies, but they are literally invisible and/or blending into the environment.
The post managed to get a lot of attention, and there are more than 120 comments on it already. According to some users, this is how things are supposed to be. Visual Realism is to be blamed here. The more realistic the graphics get, the harder it is to see soldiers in camouflage designed to hide them in these environments.
Not the question is, is there a way to get rid of the blurriness?
How to fix the blurriness
There are posts regarding this issue on multiple forums, and I have already seen people refund the game due to this. Some are even claiming that the blurriness, along with the movement of the game, is triggering their motion sickness. Fortunately, you can get rid of most of the blur by some simple tweaks in the settings menu.
- Launch COD Vanguard, and go to Settings
- Click on the Graphics Tab
- Go to Display first
- Make sure Focused Mode is Off
- No go to the Quality Tab
- Set Render Resolution to 100
- Make Sure Dynamic Resolution is Off
- Set Volumetric Quality Level to Low
- Make sure NVIDIA DLSS and Fidelity Super Resolution 1.0 are off
- Turn on FidelityFX CAS, and set Strength to .50
- Set Anti-Aliasing to SMAA T2X, and set the Quality to Low
- Turn Depth of Field Off
- Now go to the Gameplay tab
- Turn World Motion Blur and Weapon Motion Blur off
There is one more thing you can do. Go back to the Display tab, and turn on On-Demand Texture Streaming. But remember, If you do not have a high-speed connection, you will get Packet Burst issues.
Using the Nvidia Control Panel
If the tweaks given above don’t work for you, then you can make the game look sharper via the Nvidia Control Panel. Here is how to do it:
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings
- Click on the Program Settings tab
- Locate COD Vanguard from the dropdown menu under “Select a program to customize”
- If you don’t see the game on the list, then click on the Add button and another list will appear
- If you still cannot spot the game, then you need to add the vanguard.exe file from the installation directory manually.
- Click on Browse
- Locate the folder where you have installed the game
- Select the executable file or the .exe file
- Once you have successfully added the game, you will then see the program settings become available for the game
- Now click on Image Sharpening
- Turn it on
- Set Sharpen to 0.60
- Set Ignore film grain to 0.17
This how the game looks after applying the settings mentioned above:
As you can see, there is no blur at all, and the surroundings are extremely clear and sharp. Trust me, you won’t have any issue spotting enemies now.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Call of Duty Vanguard guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on November 6, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.