Getting a network related error every time you are trying to play Borderlands 3? Is there a fix? Lets find out.
Borderlands 3 – Network Error – Unable to connect to the online service – How to fix
What is the Network error in Borderlands?
It is a error that a lot of players have encountered till now. Every time they try to play the game with friends or try online matchmaking they get a message saying: Network Error: You must connect to the online service to play online.
If you normally play solo then this should not affect you but for people who play Borderlands 3 co-op with friends, it is highly frustrating. And it is not a problem related to their internet connection as all other games working properly.
How to fix this error?
There are a plenty of things you can do in order to fix this network error.
Launch the game via the executable file. Just exit the Epic Games Launcher, go to the folder where you have installed Borderlands 3 and double click on Borderlands3.exe. The location of the executable file should look like this: C:\Games\Epic Games\Borderlands3\OakGame\Binaries\Win64\Borderlands3.exe
Check whether “Lsass.exe” is blocked in your firewall. If it is then unblock it.
Try to flush your DNS cache. Here is how to do it:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Type “cmd” and press enter to open the Command Prompt
- Type “ipconfig /flushdns” without the quotation marks
Try some other Borderlands 3 guides:
- Borderlands 3 – How to get the Eridian Fabricator
- Borderlands 3 – Performance guide
- How to get the Early Adopter Pack
- Stuck at loading screen with dancing Claptrap
- Mali Wannabees – How to make Borman Nates spawn
- Half Life easter egg in Borderlands 3?
That’s all folks!