Borderlands 3 has finally launched all over the world and everybody is thoroughly enjoying the game so far. The game has been well received by the community and even the hardcore Borderlands fans are satisfied.
It is true that Borderlands 3 has proven itself to be an excellent game but there are some aspects in the game right now that might ill-affect the overall experience of the players. One of them is related to the in-game language. Lets see what the problem really is.
Borderlands 3 – How to change language in the game
Is there any setting or option to change the language of the game?
The simple answer to that would be, no there isn’t. Strangely the developers have not provided the game language setting in the options menu. As a result the game is automatically picking up a default language, which is English, most of the time.
Now this is not a problem for people who normally interact in English language. But what about people who interact in French or Russian? It is a really irresponsible thing to do as language setting is the common setting that you will find in various games.
How to change the language then?
Fortunately there is a permanent fix for this that has been proven to work in most of the cases. It involves using the Epic Games Launcher. Now if you didn’t know, you can enter different command lines to activate different features in games. People who use Steam regularly would know about this. Here is how to do it:
- If you have Borderland 3 running at the moment, close it
- Open Epic Games Launcher
- Click on the Settings located on the bottom left side of the launcher
- Scroll all the way down until you come to Manage Games
- You will see all the games that are installed on your PC under the Manage Games section
- Click on Borderlands 3
- The Additional Command Line Argument option will appear
- Check the box beside it and it will reveal a blank box. This is where you are suppose to enter the command
- Now enter the following command : -language=“en”
The command given above is for English language. If you want your game in some other language then just replace the “en” with the language of your choice. For example – If you want the game language to be French then enter -language=“fr” .
Check out some other Borderlands 3 guides: