Biomutant crashing and won’t launch – Biomutant is probably one of the biggest releases of 2021. This game has been delayed plenty of times before this. But finally it is seeing the light of day.
Biomutant is from THQ, a company that is known to give pretty great titles. Biomutant is no different. The game is completely open world, and the amount of customizations that the players get offered in the game, is pretty ridiculous. Character customization, weapon customization, skill customization, this game has it all. I believe that every RPG lover is thoroughly going to enjoy Biomutant.
Biomutant – Crashing at startup – Game won’t launch – How to fix
Enough introduction about the game, let’s talk about the issues that it has. A lot of players who have bought Biomutant on PC via Steam or EGS, are facing a handful of errors. The game is crashing for some and for some it won’t even launch or start.
I understand that crashes and startup/launch errors could be caused by completely random factors. Still, there are some basic steps you can try to fix the issues.
How to fix the crashing and the launch issues
Here is a list of some tips you can follow to solve your problems:
- System requirements – Before you move any further, compare the system requirements of Biomutant with the hardware specifications of your PC. Check it here.
- Drivers and OS – Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues. This should be an obvious step by now. The newer the drivers are, the better will be their compatibility. Doing this would also fix any DirectX or Direct3D errors in Biomutant.
- Anti-virus software – Add the .exe file of Biomutant to the Exceptions list of your AV Software. Or you can disable your Anti-virus software temporarily.
- Overclocking software – Overclocking your GPU or CPU using certain applications could also lead to crashes. A lot of games have been suffering from crashes lately due to applications like MSI Afterburner. So it is best to stay on the safe side and run your graphics card on default speeds.
- Unreal Engine 4 prerequisites – Check whether you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed or not. You need that for Unreal Engine 4 to work. If you are getting errors like “vcruntime140_1.dll missing” or “MSVCP140.dll was not found”. Then go ahead and install the latest version of Visual C++ redistributable, as there’s a chance it hasn’t been installed correctly.
- Launch as admin – Just head over to the installation folder of Biomutant > Right-Click on the biomutant.exe file > Go to Compatibility tab > Check “Run this program as an administrator”. And that is all you need to do.
- Verify the files – The launching/starting failure could be due to some corrupted files in the directory. You can fix that by simply repairing the game via Epic Games Launcher or Steam. Go to your Library in EGL and take your mouse pointer on Biomutant. Click on the Settings icon (…) beside the Launch icon and select the ‘Verify’ option. For Steam, go to you Library and right-click on Biomutant. Select Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
- Re-installation – Re-install the game in the different location if nothing else works.
Note : These are all basic tips and won’t require you to do anything advanced. I believe if someone has already decided to go for a refund. He/She might as well try to fix it first. Since the game launched just a while ago, the “very specific” fixes haven’t surfaced yet. I am constantly checking all the forums. And as soon as something comes up that is guaranteed to fix these issues, I will post it here.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Biomutant guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue of the game on the launch day. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on May 27, 2021
Shoaib, 29, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoy new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.