This guide will show you the best possible way to farm Nergigante Eggs in MH Stories 2. At the time, when I am writing this article, this method of farming of Nergigante is also the fastest.
Best Way to Farm Nergigante Eggs in Monster Hunter Stories 2
It has been already been close to two weeks since the launch of Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. And I have to say, the game is performing way better that everybody expected. I mean, people didn’t expect a game like this to perform so well on PC. At the first glance, it looked like a game that is more suitable for Switch. But MH Stories 2 proved everybody wrong. PC players are greatly enjoying the game. In fact, if I talk about myself. I was tired of playing the same type of games over and over. Wings of Ruin felt like a breath of fresh air to me. I have already invested almost 55 hours in the game, and I am not stopping anytime soon.
Now, when we talk about the Monster Hunter series. There are some monsters who get mentioned during discussions almost every time. And there is no doubt that Nergigante is one of them.
Nergigante is one of the best monsters that you can get in Monster Hunters Stories 2. And you will find the name of this Elder Dragon in almost every ‘Top 5 Monsters’ list. At least for now.
The monster has a rarity of 7, which is higher than every other monster you come across in the game. And on top of that, Nergigante is the only Elder Dragon that you can get without a ticket in the game. If you didn’t know, you need SR Tickets to get Kirin, Teostra, Kushala Daora and Velkhana.
Now the question is, how to get a Nergigante? The only way is by getting a Nergigante Egg, and hatching it, of course. And how to get a Nergigante Egg? Well, let me show you the best way to farm Nerigante Eggs.
How to farm Nergigante Eggs
- Make sure that you have defeated Nergigante in the main story
- Get a Monstie that has the Riding Action, Fly. I use Ratha
- Now fast travel to Terga Volcano Base located at the Terga region[I am guessing you have already unlocked it]
- Just stand exactly where you spawn, beside the Catavan Stand
- Get on your Monstie, and start flying
- Flying is for increasing your visibility. You won’t be able to see much by being on the ground
- Now rotate your camera, and look for Rare Dens or Golden Dens. This how they look like by the way:
- I mean, this will also work with Rare High Rank Dens and Super Rare Dens. But they don’t spawn that often
- As soon as you see a Rare Den, go inside it. Use the Dash riding action of Tigrex to move faster
- You can also use a monster like Monoblos, with the Roar riding action, to avoid battles
- Look for the Monster’s nest, and start picking up the eggs[Doesn’t have to be a Nergigante Nest]
- Keep picking them up until you find an egg that looks exactly like this:
- The egg is Orange in color, with black star-like patterns. The name of the egg will always be Humble Elder Dragon Egg
- If you do not get the egg that looks like the one shown on the picture above, just get out of the den with the egg you got
- Fast travel back to Terga Volcano Base
- Repeat from Step 4
- Every time you use fast travel or the catavan stand to spawn back to Terga, the spawn of Rare Dens gets shuffled
- You don’t find a Rare den, fast travel. You don’t get Nergigante Egg, fast travel
This way you can actually farm unlimited number of Nergigante Eggs. I did this whole thing for an hour, and I ended up with 7 Nergigante Eggs. And this is also the best way of getting the genes you want. To show you that this trick or method works, here is a video of me getting a Nergigante Egg on my sixth pickup, from a Black Gravios nest:
You should get a Nergigante Egg every fourth or fifth time you visit these dens. Once you manage to get the egg, fast travel to Rutoh Village. Why Rutoh Village? The Stables at Rutoh Village has the least distance from your spawn. This would help you speed up the process.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Monster Hunter Stories 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!