Baldur’s Gate 3 best graphics settings – One of the most anticipated titles of this year, which is also probably the best RPG of 2020, Baldur’s Gate 3 has finally made it’s way to the launch day. Considering how much hype this game managed to create since the trailer, I can only imagine the sheer amount of people who are going to play this game.
Now after seeing Baldur’s Gate 3 for the first time, one would expect the game to have really low requirements. That is not the case, as Baldur’s Gate 3 is a fairly demanding title and even with the latest drivers there is not much you can do if you have a low end gaming rig. So lets see if it is possible to make this game run for people with low end graphics cards by tweaking the in-game video or graphics settings and achieve some playable fps.
Baldur’s Gate 3 – Best Graphics Settings to fix FPS Drops
- Resolution : 1920×1080 (16:9) 144 Hz (Depends on the resolution and refresh rate of your monitor actually)
- Display Mode : Fullscreen
- V-Sync : Off
- Framerate cap enable : Check
- Framerate cap : 144 (Again, depends on your monitor. Choose 60 is you have a 60 Hz monitor)
- Overall Preset : Custom
- Model quality : Medium (Alters the amount of detail used for geometry. Do not increase this)
- Instance Distance : Low
- Texture Quality : Medium
- Texture Filtering : Anisotropic x4
- Lighting quality : Low (Doesn’t affect the game much)
- Shadows : On
- Light Shadows : On
- Shadow Quality : Low (You will barely look at shadows. So point increasing this)
- Anti-aliasing : TAA (Choose “None” if the game appears blurred out)
- Ambient Occlusion : Off (Doesn’t affect the game much)
- Depth of Field : None
- God Rays : Check
- Bloom : Uncheck
- Subsurface Scattering : Uncheck
Lets take a quick look at the settings menu:
Specifications of our PC
Here are the full specifications of our rig:
- CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- GPU : Zotac GTX 1660
- RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz
- OS : Windows 10 64-bit (Version 2004)
- HDD : 1 TB 7200 rpm
- Monitor Resolution : 1920×1080
- Driver : GeForce Game Ready Driver v456.55
If you want to find out the best combination of graphics settings for a game, then it is always recommended that you run that game on low-medium end hardware. There is no point in running benchmarks on gaming rigs with high or enthusiast level graphics cards. Because lets be honest, every single game will run smoothly without any issues on a RTX 3080 or a RX 5700 XT.
Benchmark Test Results
Utility used : MSI Afterburner
|Lowest FPS||Average FPS||Maximum FPS|
|42 FPS||62 FPS||109 FPS|
I wouldn’t necessarily call these test results final. I did notice some performance issues while running the game. But I am not sure whether it is a problem with the game or there is something wrong with our system. Don’t worry, more tests are in process at the moment. And I will soon post the final benchmark results.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also if you have any addition to make regarding this topic then also you can comment below. And for more Baldur’s Gate 3 guides keep an eye on Frondtech. Happy Gaming!
That’s all folks!