AC Valhalla crashing – Is Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is crashing a lot for you on your PC? This guide has some fixes that you can try to fix the issue.
How to fix Crashing in AC Valhalla
Before you move further into this guide make sure you take a look at the official minimum and recommended requirements of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. And also download the video drivers that have been specifically optimized for the game. You can check out the system requirements from here. Nvidia users can download the latest drivers from here or via GeForce Experience. AMD users can download the latest drivers from here.
File Verification Method
Most of the game launchers nowadays offer ways to verify the game files of the games, which would repair the corrupted files that might be causing issues. Now the feature works in different ways in different launchers. Here is how to do it on Ubisoft Connect (Uplay) and Epic Games Launcher:
- Launch Ubisoft Connect
- Go to “Games”
- Click on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Select Properties from the left bar
- Look under the Local Files section
- Select Verify Files
Epic Games Launcher
- Launch Epic Games Launcher
- Go to your Library
- Take your mouse pointer on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Click on the Settings icon beside the Launch icon
- Click on Verify
- Restart the launcher after the process is completed
Terminate programs that could potentially interfere with Ubisoft Connect and Epic Games Launcher
- Turn off Ubisoft Connect overlay. Go to Ubisoft Connect Settings > General > Uncheck “Enable in-game overlay for supported games”
- Disable background programs for recording and screen capturing like Nvidia Highlights, Windows Background Recording, Rivatuner, etc.
- Create an exception in your Antivirus for Ubisoft Connect/Epic Game Launcher and acvalhalla.exe.
Try to run your CPU and GPU at default clock speeds
Use your default clock speeds if you are using an overclocked GPU/CPU. An overclocked GPU or Processor could cause a lot of issues if it is not being able to draw enough power from the power supply unit.
If things are not working properly then, go ahead and do a fresh installation of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Yes I know this is not the most convenient step. But trust me, this is the best thing to do in this situation.
You can also try some of the fixes listed here. The fixes you will find are completely different than the ones listed here. And since both the issues are more or less similar, some steps mind end up working.
We are still testing the game. More fixes on the way!
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!