It has been a while since Apex Legends came out on Steam. Now, there are several commands that can be used by players on Origin. But the question is, do those commands or options work on Steam too? Yes, they do. Now that Season 10 is here, I decided to give this article a revisit. Here is the updated list of the all the Apex Legends Steam launch commands. This guide will show you all the launch options for Apex Legends on Steam.
Apex Legends – Steam Launch Options and Commands
- -full / -fullscreen – The game will launch in Fullscreen regardless of what you have set on the in-game settings menu
- -window / -windowed – The game will launch in Windowed mode regardless of what you have set on the in-game settings menu
- +cl_showfps 4 – To display FPS in-game
- +cl_showpos 1 – To show Name, Position, Angle and Velocity in-game
- +fps_max (Input Number) – Limit FPS to the given number, set to “1” to set the fps to the monitor’s refresh rate and set to “0” for unlimited
- -high – Sets the game thread priority to high. [This could result in performance increase, but could also cause system instability. So use this command with caution]
- -dev – This command disables the intro animation but has been known to cause issues and crashes in the past, disable this if you encounter problems.
Commands that are no longer supported
- -novid – This command is supposed to disable the Respawn Entertainment intro, sadly doesn’t work.
- -threads (Input Number) – Determines the number of threads (not cores) to allocate for the thread pool – I have personally tried this command and can confirm that this does nothing
- -freq / -refresh (Input Number) – This option is managed by the refresh rate selected in windows.
- -console – The developer console is disabled in public builds of Apex (As of now), and can’t be accessed by random players.
There are some other commands as well, that are not included in the lists above. The problem is, they have not been proven to be working yet. So I won’t recommend that you try any of those.
How to use the Apex Legend Launch Commands
In order to use to commands given above:
- Launch Steam
- Go to your Library
- Right Click on Apex Legends and select Properties
- Something like this should come up:
- Now enter the launch parameter you want inside the box under “Launch Options”
- If you want to enter multiple launch parameters then just add a space between each command
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, try checking out our other guides on Apex Legends. Who knows, you might end up finding a something you have been looking for.
That’s all folks!