This guide will show you all the weapon/character buffs and nerfs that have arrived with the Season 8 update in Apex Legends.
All Buffs and Nerfs in Season 8 of Apex Legends
- Sheila angle increase from 120° to 180°
- Wall health in build phase increased from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)
Launch Pad Remastered: Many players may have known about Octane’s “super-jump” that was possible with a well-timed jump while hitting the pad. Once the double-jump option was introduced, there was an input clash that led to unreliable usage. We decided to add some launch options that are better defined than the old super-jump.
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump).
- From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they’ll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- Loot inside unopened care packages is now visible with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- Mirage decoys create footstep sounds.
Fully Kitted Rotation:
- Added: R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire
- The Anvil Rounds hop up will be added into the loot pool
- Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19
- Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1
- Hitbox adjustments.
We know Wraith will always be a popular pick considering the amount of combat utility in her kit. After many tweaks to her abilities and animations, the fact remains that her win rate continues to be at the very top as it has since day one. With Season 7 hitbox adjustments to Pathfinder, we were able to control his power without nerfing his kit. We hope to do the same with Wraith.
Wraith now has a slightly larger hitbox than her fellow small legends, but the changes stay true to her model. As you can see in the before and after comparison, we’re adding some width mostly in the torso and leg areas.
Even with these changes, Wraith remains small and hard to hit. She will retain Low Profile as we monitor her usage and win rates to see if power can be given back in other ways in the future.
- Gravity Lift effective cooldown increased from 21s to 25s. The 15s cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.
- Remove ability to stick arc stars to friendly drones.
- All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated.
Fully Kitted Rotation:
- Removed: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- We are removing the Gold Barrel from the loot pool
- The Double Tap hop up will be removed from the loot pool
- Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2
- Empty Reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
Those were all the buffs and nerfs that have arrived with the new Season 8 update in Apex Legends.
If you think this guide has helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you want you can check out the other Apex Legends guides that we have on Frondtech. Happy Gaming
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on February 2, 2021