Here are the patch notes to the Season 7 update or the Ascension update in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends – Season 7 (Ascension) Patch Notes – November 4, 2020
New Legend – Horizon
Horizon is the new legends in Season 7. Her custom space suit allows her to fall from great heights and control her movements in the air. Using her custom technology, she can use gravity lifts to give her team a vertical boost, and she can even deploy NEWT (her small robot named after her son, Newton) to drop a micro black hole that pulls opponents into the center for some serious crowd control.
- Passive: Spacewalk – Increase air control and reduce fall impacts with Horizon’s custom spacesuit.
- Tactical: Gravity Lift – Reverse the flow of gravity, lifting players upward and boosting them outward when they exit.
- Ultimate: Black hole – Deploy NEWT to create a micro black hole that sucks in nearby Legends.
New Map – Olympus
Olympus is an utopia floating in clouds above Psamathe, it was once a place where the brightest minds in the Outlands could gather and exchange ideas. However, an accident in an experimental research facility led to the creation of the Phase Rift (a massive bubble of Phase energy), and the city was abandoned.
Now players can use Olympus’ luxurious amenities to their advantage. Rotating agricultural towers, beautiful gardens and classy restaurants serve as new stages for intense skirmishes. New vehicles called Tridents give your squad a way to boost into battle and take your enemies by surprise. The Phase Runner – a tunnel of Phase energy running through the center of Olympus – lets you cross the map in seconds.
New Vehicle: The Trident
Exclusive to Olympus, the Trident is a hover car designed for your whole squad.
Cruise the highways to avoid chokepoints or use the boost to soar over jumps, this thing is made to speed up those early game rotations. Drive in third person, or ride as a passenger in first person with full shooting capabilities. The Trident is durable, so it will never explode, but damage applied from enemy fire will be dispersed amongst the players in the car. Don’t worry, you can still do full damage to players by hitting them directly so we expect to see some amazing Kraber shots. Disembark to park it anywhere and use it as makeshift cover in the late game.
The Trident interacts with Legend abilities in many different ways. experiment and have fun!
LTM: Olympus Preview
To help you understand and explore the map without fear of getting shot, The developers are introducing a new playlist called Olympus Preview. This mode teams you up with 30 Legends on Olympus and allows you to roam the map to learn map drops, loot areas, and practice your routes to the end game. Circles are still on and once circle 4 finishes, players are brought back up to the plane to start the second skydive run. There are a total of 3 runs before the match ends. This mode is only available for one week.
More information here.
Apex Legends is now available on Steam. If you’re coming from Origin, all your progress and unlocks will carry over. And for a limited time, log into Steam and receive these Half-Life and Portal inspired weapon charms.
This season, level up your Pass to unlock the skins like the Wraith “High Class” and Octane’s “Fast Fashion”.
Challenges are no longer points-based and are now granted between 1 to 5 stars, depending on their difficulty. Collecting 10 stars will take you to the next Battle Pass level. The devs have also added tabs to the challenges menu in the lobby that allow you to toggle between daily, top weekly, and event challenges. Within a match, players can open the map and see this same widget in game.
More information here.
More information here.
Quality of Life Updates
Attachment Swap Improvements
When replacing an attachment with one from the ground, if the old attachment is an improvement for your other weapon, the old attachment will get automatically transferred.
- For Season 7, weapons from the crafting pool have been replaced them Shield batteries. The high level attachments will still be tailored towards a weapon category.
- The game now prevents other players from picking up items that you crafted for the first 5 seconds after crafting. This can be disabled by pinging the item.
Air Drop Clarity
- The colors of the beams have been changed to differentiate between normal airdrops, Lifeline’s airdrops, and Replicator airdrops. Normal drops are a light tan, Lifeline’s drops are blue, and Replicator drops and teal.
- All of the airdrops’ landing area FX while it’s coming down matches their colors.
- Airdrop beams still stay visible when close to the airdrop, instead of fading when you get close. The beam still disappears when the pod is opened.
- The Arc Star now shows an Arc Star model when one is thrown near you, instead of a grenade.
- Added a new VO line when you are using a Phoenix Kit
- Added a new VO line when you drop a Holo Spray
- You can now ping ammo in your inventory to request more from your squad
- Made modifications to The Ring to reduce the amount of unplayable space in the circles.
Regular Map Rotation
For 2 weeks, Olympus will be the only map you can play on. After that week we go into a normal rotation between Olympus and World’s Edge. We will be vaulting Kings Canyon for the time being.
Season 7 Ranked Rotation
The first half of Ranked Split will be played on Olympus. The second half of ranked will be played on World’s Edge.
Ring or circle damage changes
- Ring 1: 2% per tick (same)
- Ring 2: 3% per tick (from 5%)
- Particularly this change should allow players enough time to pop a syringe if they are picked up in Ring 2.
- Ring 3: 5% per tick (from 10%)
- Ring 4: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 5: 10% per tick (from 20%)
- Ring 6: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Ring 7: 15% per tick (from 25%)
- Better footstep audio
- Fixed an issue with ziplines going through platforms when deployed from underneath.
- Fixed an issue with priming a grenade cancelling Wraith’s ultimate.
- Fixed an issue with getting stuck in double jump after using a jump pad.
- Fixed an issue with Octane being able to use healing items while on a zipline.
- Fixed an issue with his drone being able to drop items from Crypto’s inventory.
- Fixed an issue with his drone not being able to fit through certain windows.
- Fixed an issue with his drone marking friendly Mirage decoys as enemies.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant getting pushed into geo when his totem was deployed in tight spaces.
- Fixed an issue with Rampart not being able to place an amp wall while jumping.
- Fixed an issue with Sheila teleporting when placed on a hatch in World’s Edge Staging.
That’s all folks!