Amnesia Rebirth fps cap fix – Is Amnesia Rebirth capped at 60 frames per second for you? Don’t worry, here is a fix.
Amnesia Rebirth | Game locked at 60 FPS | How to Uncap FPS
A lot users have been complaining lately that the fps in Amnesia Rebirth is capped at 60. No matter what they do the frames won’t go past 60.
Now this might not be a problem for regular users who are using 60hz monitors. It is the people with 144hz gaming monitors who are getting annoyed by this.
And you cannot blame them as once you get the taste of playing games at 120-144 fps on a 144hz monitor, you simply cannot go back. 60 fps starts feeling like a huge downgrade then. PC users are already posting things like:
Any idea how to unlock 144hz, i have unlock fps to 144, but its still, like still running on 60hz.
How to remove the fps cap/Unlock fps
Most of the players are thinking that the game has been hard locked at 60 fps by the developers. Well, it is true, but not completely. All the cutscenes are locked at 60 FPS, not the actual game though.
- Fortunately, there is a fix to this bug and it is fairly simple. All you have to do is:
- Start and run the game once, then close it down.
- Go to this location on your PC : My Documents” X:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\My Games\AmnesiaRebirth
- Open up the YOURUSERNAME_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_user_settings.cfg using any text editor of choice(Notepad)
- Change RefreshRate=”60″ to the default refresh rate of your monitor(If you have a 144hz monitor then it should be RefreshRate=”144″)
- Change LimitFPS=”true” to “false”
- Save and restart the game and you should have unlocked framerates now
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Amnesia Rebirth. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!