Amnesia Rebirth crashing and won’t launch – Amnesia: Rebirth has finally been released on the PC or Windows Platform. Players were eagerly waiting for the launch ever since the announcement. If you are a fan of the previous Amnesia games, then you will definitely love this as well.
But as we all know, games these days don’t come without bugs and glitches. Same is the case with Amnesia Rebith. A lot of players have been complaining lately, that the game is crashing from them after running for a bit. While some couldn’t even get the game to launch the game via Steam. And this problem has nothing to do with their PC hardware. That is why we decided to put all the fixes recommended by the community in one place, so that players don’t have to check multiple sources for them.
Amnesia Rebirth | Crashing at startup – Game won’t launch | How to fix
Check your graphics card software and make sure it’s updated.
- If you are using an Nvidia gpu, please use NVIDIA GeForce Experience to check that you are up to date with your drivers.
- If you are using an AMD gpu, please use RADEON Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition to check that you are up to date with your drivers.
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed. If you don’t, you can install it from here.
Whitelist Amnesia Rebirth on your Anti-Virus Software
If you go and look at the Steam discussions page of Amnesia: Rebirth, you will notice that a lot of people have posted about how their Anti-virus software is labeling the executable or the .exe file of the game as virus, as a result blocking it.
Anti-Virus software hooks very deep into user systems and can affect disk and network operations which can cause crashes in games. Some games also use copy protection technology that can appear as malicious software to an AV scanner, resulting in potential false-positive alerts.
Try disabling your Anti-Virus software temporarily and then run the game. It may also be necessary to add exceptions for Amnesia: Rebirth in your Anti-virus configuration.
If you are using Windows Defender instead of a third-party AV software then here is how to add Amnesia: Rebirth on the exceptions list of Windows Defender:
- Go to Windows 10 settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Select Windows Security from the left sidebar
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- Under Virus & threat protection click on Manage settings
- Under Exclusions click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion
- Select File
- Select the .exe or executable file of Amnesia: Rebirth
- Restart your PC
Verify integrity of game files
- Via Steam open your game Library.
- Right click on the game title and select “Properties”
- Select the “LOCAL FILES” tab and click on “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…”
- Start a game session
These are all the fixes we have at the moment for people for whom Amnesia Rebirth is crashing and won’t launch. We will be adding more soon.
One thing you have to remember, Amnesia Rebirth is a brand new game and that too an Indie one. Amnesia : A Machine for Pigs was developer by a completely different group of developers. Frictional Games was only the Publisher. But in case of Amnesia Rebirth, Frictional Games is both the developer and the publisher. So you can say that they are comparatively new to this. Give them some time and I am sure that they will be releasing patches to fix the issues soon.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, If you have some fixes that are guaranteed to work then also you can comment below. We will put it on this article. Good luck!
That’s all folks!