Age of Empires 4 string not found – Getting the ‘String not found’ error in Age of Empires 4? Don’t worry, we got you.
How to fix the “String not found” bug Age of Empires 4
Age of Empires 4 is finally out on Steam, the Windows Store, and the Xbox store. PC players are really enjoying the game so far. And, if you are a fan of RTS games, then you have to try this game.
There is no doubt that Age of Empires 4 is an awesome title. But, that doesn’t take away the fact that the game has plenty of issues. Players have already started experiencing performance issues, various bugs and errors. There hasn’t been any patch from the developers since the launch of this game. And it is very hard to tell when one will come.
Anyway, in this article we are taking a look at a bug, that is causing a lot of frustration among the players. Some players are getting en error message that says “String not found” almost everywhere in the game. It is in the menus, it is on the title screen, and plenty of other places. I mean, take a look at this image uploaded by a player on the forum:
He has String [$11168262] not found, along will some similar looking error codes written almost everywhere. There are plenty of other posts saying:
“string not found”All words in the game are only showing “string not found”
How to fix this issue
Fortunately, there is actually a fix available for this issue, and it has been confirmed to be working by almost every user, who has tried the fix. All you have to do, is change your language to English. Here is how to do it:
If you have the game on Steam, then:
- Open your Steam Library
- Right click on Age of Empires 4
- Select Properties
- Click on the Language tab
- Select English from the drop-down menu
- If the game supports the language you have selected, files for that language may need to be downloaded before you can play
If you have the game on Microsoft Store or the Xbox app, then:
- Close the Microsoft Store and Xbox app if you have them open
- Go to Windows Settings
- Select Time & language, and then select Language
- Set Windows Display Language to English (United States)
- If you do not have the English language pack, choose it from the Add a language list under Preferred languages.
- If the language is already in the Preferred languages list, simply move it to the top of the list to change the game language.
- The language pack will install for all apps in the Windows Store, including Age of Empires 4
Here is the link to the original post.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Age of Empires 4 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on October 28, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.