Epic came out with a new feature called the Replay System for Fortnite Battle Royale with their new Update V.3.5.0. Here are the details of the Replay System :
- Save your matches and watch them from any angle!
- Speed up or slow down the action.
- Help tell your story better with player outlines and name plates.
- Several Camera Modes to choose from:
- Third Person
- Follows and orbits around the selected player.
- 3 different follow modes; Off, Auto, Lazy.
- Drone Follow
- Drone style camera that always keeps the selected player in frame.
- Drone Attach
- Drone style camera that is loosely attached to the selected player.
- Drone Free
- Drone style camera that is free to fly around the island.
- This camera shows what the selected player saw during gameplay.
- Adjust cinematic camera settings
- Focal Length
- Focus Distance
- Third Person
Now the problem is the replay videos are getting saved in .replay format which is not an actual video format. The .replay files do not contain video information. They contain game data. So we cannot directly convert them into .mp4 or other video formats.
Here are steps to convert .replay files to .mp4 in Fortnite :
- Launch Fortnite and play a normal Battle Royale match
- After your match is over click on the Career tab
- Click on Replay
- Select the footage from the list and play it
- Predetermine what settings you are going to use before you start the recording
- Start the recording with one of the recording applications mentioned above
- Play the Replay footage
- Wait till you have recorded all the highlights you want to extract
- Search for the folder where the recorded video is saved
You are good to go!
Click here to check out all the Upcoming Skins in Fortnite Battle Royale.
That’s all folks!